Tuesday, December 1, 2009

100 Days of 100% Raw

Orginally Posted:19Feb2009

oh! 100 Days raw 100% is so close to finish for us, I can taste it!!About 3 Months ago we set this crazy goal, Inspired by this wonderfully fun site by a Living angel Berry Bunny (you may have heard of it RAWFU??) ;o) She has this 100 day challenge,which at the time I thought rediculously hard only cos it was one I was not sure I was able to pull off. A week maybe raw yeah!!So it all started one night...after Im sure, a day off work, sick and tired of my life, which would have been spent with crying sessions about a bleak life, worry of health concerns and sprinkled all through with an underlining horrible attitude ( that would be hate)towards myself, my weight and the helplessness of it all. Praying to god "someone's got to help me, Im killing myself slowly here HEEELLLPP!!!" After a challenging past, then a lifetime of starving, trying to conform to an "acceptable weight, where I could be loved" resulted in just getting morbidly obese and shockingly depressed, fearing food and being so hungry all at the same time. I was exhausted I've tried it ALL nothing work for me, I lack what I thought then was a will ?? Today I see I suffered malnutrition!So I sat down with Andrew (my partner of 15+yrs) and said you wanna try this? Ive been researching over the last month about it its called raw eating, a lifestyle, it really make sense...Going back to nature, its simple, just like we want our life?He laughed, hmm really he said? I too have been looking into this raw food thingWhat I said? (synchronicity * Warning* A symptom aquired after being together too many years! ) So we set a pact together that night, we just did it, we figured we had nothing to lose except our old life, which we could always find and pick up where we left off...I said it will be till your birthday!!! I realised OMG THAT is so full-on. Raw for that long,??? thoughts littered with fear..what will we eat, are we going to be hungry? So only fruit,vegies,sprouts and nuts Then we looked at each other cracked up laughing and decided, lets just do it!!! So we stopped thinking and just DID. So that night We held each others hand and jumped, two feet into the deep end of the pool! 100% RAW (no matter what) And what a swim!! Today is Andrew's Birthday !!! What seemed like such an enomously crazy goal till his birthday is TODAY!! its here! And again Im having crying sessions of a different sort today!!Yesterday in the city on our way to the organic store, we found ourself in traffic under a train bridge. Now if you find ourself in this situation, you get to wish if the train goes over...And well it did.. and like ALL the times before, I went to pull out my stock wish and froze..What? I wish to be happy, healthy and a "normal" weight..oh what? I have these now or at least these wishes are already coming true. Reality hit me hard in a good way!! So yesterday I wished a NEW wish!!! ;o) and today I cried with blissful joy for this!Thank you for reading, and being here at Rawfu!! It really does mean a happier world to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment