Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Raw Food was the Key that opened the Prison Door

Originally Posted:30 April 2009

Well if you know me you'll know I love to push conventional boundries including my own. So my lastest game to play (oh and it keeps me out of trouble on our trips to the city) is deciding where we want to eat and then phoning ahead to ask the chef for the most perfect raw meal EVER that they can create. Its so fun! Here's an example of my lastest antics. Last night we were off to the city to see Tim Michin a Aussie comedian. So in the car drive on the way up I have 2 hrs to play/plan. We work out where we want to eat. We pick a hotel next to the concert hall, where we are seeing Tim's show.I call up the Duxton hotel, and I ask " Do you have a restaurant? " Yeah it's agoo, I can put you through?" The phones on speaker, so I debate while waiting with Andrew whats a magoo? The only McGoo I know is Andrew's nick name that others have called him in the past! Laughing away...The McGoo restaurant answers. "Hello Grill Resturant"! Ahhhh! A Grill not agoo!!So my fun continues! Do you have salads? I explain we want to come for dinner if they can make us a raw meal. Being an internation hotel, the Australasian speaking woman, just boggled at my request. I found out they served grill and asian foods. But after few kind trips to chat with the chef, she came back with "of course we can make a salad up to your request". So you just want all raw salad? with this I said "yeah! thats it!" So we booked and at the end ,she added do you want steam vegetables as well? LOL So I went into it again explaining raw very simply even saying look just anything in its natural state, grown straight from the earth, I'll eat it just like that! We like it simple and uncooked, raw! I promise I WAS nice!!We got to the "grill resturant" and had the best service, the best food and with Andrew as my date the best company too! It was so special. A beautiful salad each and then a platter of fresh fruit to share hmmmm. It was all so perfect, in that moment!! Simply full of raw contentment. Over dinner as I watched others eat steaks and remembered the horror of having to order a meal off the menu, with the mental thoughts that this is maybe my last meal, ordering with as a food addict is a very serious affair. I talked with Andrew about my freedom and relief I've found today. I now have realised the torment of abundance without restrictions. This for me was ordering anything off the menu and the later spiraling down into what I had hurt my body with and a meal closer to obesity hell. That huge choice, was my prison. A werid perspective, I know but true today. People talk to me about the restrictions of raw food, but I have to say there is another perspective here!! I really took pleasure in seeing a loosening and releasing from that food addiction. That personal hell, that I just couldn't explain when I was in it as I was so busy acting it out. Last night I saw clearly the demons I had tried to house and the isolating behaviours that distracted me, taking me away from my life, my body and my spirit.At the end of the perfect meal, I said to Andrew "oh why have we not thought to try the internation hotels for meals sooner?" Their level of service and hospitality to cater for you is heaven sent! So I've made a resolve instead of just walking into food places. Im going to plan a bit and call round first, as it really worked this time, plus its a fun adventure to try to explain raw over the phone! And lastly a touching gratitude for the Raw food KEY that opened my Cell door into a new found abundance of living its just simply RAW.

No comments:

Post a Comment